Tárki is open to receive applications from creative and dedicated professionals as researchers or in different positions supporting research. Creative research ideas requiring an institutional background are also welcome.
Researcher, Research assistant, Trainee
TÁRKI Social Research Institute Inc. announces a project assistant opportunity related to a European project on inclusive growth.
TÁRKI is a partner of the consortium lead by the KU Leuven, which consortium performs the Integrating Research Infrastructure for European expertise on Inclusive Growth from data to policy (InGRID2) project, supported by the European Commission trhough the Horizon2020 framework programme. This project is a continuation of a previous work in the same field. In that project, TÁRKI developed the Integrated Poverty and Living Conditions Indicator System (IPOLIS, available at: http://ipolis.tarki.hu/), which is a set of quality of life indicators for three vulnerable groups: children, young people and the elderly. In the present project, TÁRKI is performing the following tasks, related to IPOLIS.
1. The extension in time and geographical scope and the furher development of the IPOLIS, set up within the frame of the previous stage of the InGRID project (2013-2017).
2. The extension of IPOLIS to new vulnerable groups.
3. The further development of the extended IPOLIS.
The project assistant is expected to contribute to the above mentioned objectives by carrying out the following tasks, in a close cooperation with senior researchers also working on this project:
- produce indicators and integrating them into databases, while:
- directly using microdata sets (the use of Stata is preferred),
- exploring existing indicator databases,
- handle databases,
- prepare project documents,
- assist data visaulization developments,
- communicate with consortium partners related to the completion of TÁRKI’s tasks within the project.
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter in English to András Gábos: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data and text recording
It seems that no open positions are available at the moment